Chartered Economist – #1 Economics Course Globally
Chartered Economist Examination
Note : Candidates should fill the online exam form and submit the fees to American Academy of Financial Management India Private Limited (AAFM® India)
Exams can be scheduled through Pearson Vue for 10th to 10th of every month.
Candidates can schedule the exams on the Pearson Platform only between 1st to 10th and 10th to 20th of every month i.e. during the exam delivery dates 10th and 10th to 20th of every month candidates will not be able to schedule exams on Pearson Vue.
Grading of Exam
Passing percentage for Chartered Economist® Examination is 50%.
Each candidate would be graded as per the score achieved in the examination:
Exam Scheduling Process
- Exams can only be scheduled after 30 days of registration with AAFM India for Chartered Economist.
- A candidate can fill the exam form on the AAFM Website (Student Account) and pays the requisite fees online.
- On approval from AAFM India, the candidate receives a welcome mail from Pearson Vue and a Web Account is Auto Generated with Pearson Vue. This mail would have the candidates Log in Id and Password.
- The candidate also receives “Authorization to Test” Email form Pearson Vue which besides other information gives information on how to schedule an examination on Pearson Vue Network.
- The candidate either through online mode or through the help of Pearson Vue Call Centre schedules an examination for only 10th and 20th of every month.
- A candidate can schedule examinations any time of the month except 10th to 20th of the month and the test taking dates are only 10th to 20th of the month.
- A candidate practices the exam on AAFM Website to make them familiar with the look and feel of the exam.
- Candidates are required to carry a Photo ID and an ID carrying their signatures along with the copy of Exam Confirmation Mail received from Pearson Vue to the examination centre. (List of Acceptable IDs are mentioned below)
- Candidate need to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement at the start of the exam.
- Candidate takes the exam at Pearson Vue Test Centre.
- Exam result is shown to the candidate immediately after submitting the exam.
- Candidates are allowed to take a print out of the exam result.
- On clearing the exam candidate needs to fill the Chartered Economist Certification form and pay the requisite fees to AAFM India.
- Candidate submits the project work within the given time frame on approval of the project work the Candidate receives the Chartered Economist Certification.
The table summarizes the section wise marks distribution Chartered Economist Examination
Testing Significance of each Module in Chartered Economist
- Students are not allowed to carry any paper during the examination.
- Students are not allowed to carry Laptop, Palmtop, Log Tables, and Annuity Tables etc.
- Students are not allowed to use Calculators in their Mobile Phones.
- Mobile Phones are to be compulsorily kept ‘switched off’ during the examination.
Results will be declared by the system itself once the student clicks the ‘Submit’ button after the Examination is completed or if the Examination duration is elapsed the system will treat the answer sheet as submitted and result will be displayed on the screen. Students have the option of taking a printout of their result at the test centre after the Examination.
Major Examination Policies
For a professional like a Chartered Economist an understanding of markets and economic systems is of prime importance. This module would enable the Chartered Economist to get a basic understanding of the Micro-economics and Macro-economics. This module would also cover the fundamental aspects of economics.The module would enable the Economics professionals in acquainting with the fundamentals, history and origination of the Economics. The objective of the module is to enable a Chartered Economist to understand the changes in economic environment of the financial markets and economic instruments.
Any documents submitted by the candidates at centre, viz. rough sheets, back-up sheets, feedback form, etc. are the property of AAFM® India. They shall not be subject to any public scrutiny. The same is to preserve the confidentiality of candidate specific information. These are also required for gathering useful information to strengthen our examination system.
No question/s or part of the paper which appear on the computer terminal should be copied from the test screen and/or taken out of the examination hall as it shall lead to disqualification of the candidature. In case of serious ambiguity in a question item, the same should be noted down only with the specific approval of exam coordinator in his/her presence. The replies to such queries would be sent without subverting the confidentiality of test items, within 7 days of the receipt of related documents from the Exam Administrator.
AAFM® India follows a policy of non-discrimination among candidates who appear for any AAFM® examination. The on-line testing medium, algorithm used, facilities provided in terms of on-line content and testing and threshold criteria are the same for all candidates. On the strength of the aforesaid, there is no discrimination of any kind among the eligible candidates on the basis of pathway or mode of examination chosen, sector, region, caste, religion, age, gender, or on the basis of additional qualification and experience than those mandated for specific pathway, or on the basis of the allegiance of candidates to institutional entities or authorized educational entities.
Review & Appeal Policy
Specific query related to a particular question, if any, should be pointed out by the candidate during the course of the examination to the test coordinator at the test centre. For this the candidate is expected to submit his/her query in writing to the test coordinator after completing the examination, while submitting all other examination related documents. Subsequent queries through mail or post to AAFM India shall not be entertained.
AAFM India would treat the instances of resorting to unfair means or malpractices noticed during examination very seriously and any candidate found doing so will be expelled from taking the examination and his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
Exams once scheduled cannot be cancelled for any reason whatsoever.If the candidate after paying the examination fees to AAFM® India does not schedule the exam at PearsonVue during the registration eligibility period the fees paid would not be refunded nor would be adjusted further.On registration renewal with AAFM® India the candidate would be required to pay the examination fees again.
Rescheduling of Examination is possible 48 hours prior to the examination on payment of Rs. 3,000 to Pearson Vue. Rescheduling of examination is not allowed if the time to examination is less than 48 hours.Candidate not appearing at the examination centre on the scheduled examination would be treated as absent and the fees would not refunded back.
Candidates will be allowed to book retake after 10 days, regardless of whether the candidate failed or passed the previous attempt.
Standard Primary IDs (with both Photo and Signature).
- Driver’s license
- Election card/Voter ID
- PAN card
- Photo identity issued by a school, college or university
- Admit card of any national/state exam issued in 2012 or 2013
- UID/Adhar card
- SC/ST certificate with photograph
- Employee ID with photo and signature
Names on ID’s must exactly match those given by the candidate during registration. Discrepancies on ID’s that are due to typographical errors, traditional & cultural variations, and technical limitations must be reported by candidates to AAFM who will need to inform Pearson VUE as soon as possible.
Candidates are required to carry original id .Copy of ID is not acceptable proof.
Candidates will also be required to produce the appointment confirmation letters received from Pearson VUE after scheduling their test.
Late Arrivals and No-shows
The standard arrival policy of 30 minutes was agreed where-by the candidates must arrive 30 minutes before the exam to their test center. Late arrival period of upto 30 minutes is allowed. If the candidate does not arrive within this period, and the test center is unable to accommodate him or her later, the candidate will be turned away and marked as a No-show.
Erasable note board/booklets
Candidates will receive one erasable note board & a pen to use for rough work during the exam.
Exhibits, personal items, Calculators
- Candidates will be allowed to have an erasable note board and a pen inside the testing room.
- Only “Casio FC 200V” – Financial Calculator will be allowed.
- Candidates will not be allowed to take mobile phones, headphones or any personal items / exhibits into the testing room.
AAFM exams will not have any scheduled breaks.
Candidates can access personal belongings during unscheduled breaks limited to essentials such as medicines but no access to texts or printed materials should be allowed.
Decisions of AAFM India in all matters pertaining to the examination shall be final and binding.
The Chartered Economist® Examination is held on more than 5,000 centers across the globe and spread over 150 Countries.
To Locate an Examination Centre nearest to you: Click Here
“The AAFM® Super Board of Standards is responsible for keeping the standards of AAFM at the highest level which includes approving accredited schools and colleges such as ABA AACSB ACBSP EQUIS and government recognized programs. Administrative decisions for the Global Certification and Accreditation Operations are solely subject to the company law, operating agreements, and or bylaws Faculty Award Winners, Honorary Advisors, Advisory Council Members, and general members cannot legally act or speak for the organization nor counsel or advise the organization in any legal capacity.”
Reach to our representative now.